1. Use hearing protection around loud sounds. Custom earplugs are best to reduce sound and are inexpensive.
2. Do not use earbuds to clean your ears! Anything smaller than your elbow shouldn't go into your ear or you could damage your ears.
3. According to WHO, 1.1 billion teenagers and young adults are at risk for noise-induced hearing loss. You can protect your ears by following the 60/60 rule - listen to music via headphones (not earphones) at no more than 60% of the volume for maximum of 60 minutes a day.
4. If you are exposed to loud noises for a long time e.g. at a concert, give you ears rest by stepping outside/away from the noise for 5 minutes now and then.
5. Get your hearing tested if you experience a change in your hearing or ringing or fullness in your ears for more than 24 hours.
Contact us on 079 265 0487 to book your consult today