1. Stuttering is not a mental disorder. Emotional factors can accompany stuttering but it is not a psychological condition.
2. People who stutter are not less intelligent. There is no link between stuttering and intelligence.
3. Nervousness does not cause stuttering but it may increase it a times.
4. Stuttering is not a habit. People who stutter are not always able to control it and have to work hard to become more fluent.
5. It is not caused by trauma. A traumatic event may trigger stuttering in a person who is predisposed but it is not the cause.
Contact us for a consult on 079 265 487/ firstname.lastname@example.org